Parents want to keep their children’s feet dry and warm while they’re playing in the cold snow. In finding the best Ugg boots for men for kids as well as winter snow boots, there are key factors to consider.
Weather and the Perfect Winter Boots for Kids.
To get the best comfort and protection, it is important to look for features designed for your particular climate.
- Cold, Dry Winter. Opt for footwear with short height, cold temperature rating and water-resistance.
- Wet, Icy Winter. Consider waterproof feature with deep treads that promote traction to prevent dangerous slips and falls.
- Severe Winter or Heavy Snow Accumulation. Choose waterproof, deep tread, cold temperature rated boots with a height extending past mid-calf toward the knee. Velcro or draw-string closures at the top of the shoe are essential to prevent snow from seeping in.
Top Features to Consider in Snow Boots for Kids
For the best protection from the cold and snowy elements, look for waterproof uppers, deep tread outsoles and lightweight interior insulation.
- Waterproof vs Water Resistant. Waterproof design prevents moisture from entering. Water resistance repels water to a degree but becomes wet with prolonged moisture exposure.
- Moisture-Wicking Technology. This ingenious technology draws moisture away from the foot creating a barrier between the foot and the fabric which encourages air circulation and dryness. This is particularly important in airtight, waterproof footwear because their design retains body heat, which may promote sweating.
- Fur / Faux fur. For an even warmer feel, you may try a pair of faux fur-lined footwear! The ever popular bear paw boots do well for style, unfortunately like other suede materials, their bear paw, fuzzy design is far from functional in any wet or snowy season. The soft, suede materials serve well as a decorative feature or for added interior softness but we don’t recommend bear paw boot for daily winter wear as they are not practical.
- Insulation. Modern technology has reduced the weight and thickness of conventional insulation to lightweight materials that don’t weighing you down. Look for added insulation on the insole and upper leg areas for added warmth.
- Closures. Velcro, draw-string or lace-up closures help to custom fit the upper to your child’s leg and go a long way in preventing snow from entering.
How to Properly Fit Kids’ Snow Boots
Whether looking for boys snow boots or girls snow boots, the correct fit is essential for protective function.
- Size. Most manufacturers offer kids’ snow boots in similar styles and sizes ranging from toddlers, girls and boys to teens. Despite conventional public opinion, your boots should not be broken in. If they are uncomfortable or painful when trying them on find a different style more suited to your foot.
- Fit. Be sure to try-on pairs with a double layer of socks or thicker socks that you would typically wear in the winter. This ensures appropriate air circulation around the foot which promotes dryness protection.
- Height. The height of the boot should extend past the ankle and the calf portion and should fit snugly. Knee-high boots are good for deeper snow but may cause discomfort behind the knee area from rubbing.
- Tread. For safety in preventing slips and falls, the tread should be deep enough to capture snow while allowing the rubber outsole to contact the ground. Keep in mind that deep treads, while providing excellent traction, have a tendency to collect mud and excess snow. Be sure to take them off before you walk into the house or at least dislodge the snow by stomping your feet before you get into the car.
Top Trend & Styles in Snow Boots for Kids
Style simply is not enough in weathering the brisk elements of the winter season. Realizing this, the clever designers of footwear for kids have stopped at nothing to bring modern design and scientific technologies into winter footwear.
Combining these protective design features with brilliant colors and patterns offers consumers a vast selection of winter footwear to satisfy every palette. Children will be content in knowing they will not fall behind on style as they feast their eyes on the latest fashion trends.
Name Brand, Cheap Winter Boots for Kids
We have reviewed the top name brand manufacturers of style savvy, parent-approved protection at an affordable price. These include: Kodiak, Sorel, Cougar, Bogs Kids and LandsEnd for Kids. Indeed, winter boots are more expensive than your conventional running shoe, but well worth the cost for reassured protection.
Opt for lighter insulated technology to offer warmth, waterproof wear and hours of comfortable snowy fun for your child. Parents will never worry their children are out of style when you select our recommended brand name winter boots for your children.
Looking for Boys Snow Boots or Girls Snow Boots?
Don’t Delay! Winter Is Here and Kids’ Snow Boot Sizes Sell Out Fast!
Go Now and Check Out the Best Winter Boots for Kids.
Get Comfort and Style with our Recommended Brand Name Kids’ Winter Boots.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Jayden_Storm/682135
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8806807